Wednesday 7 July 2010

More Nicki Minaj.... her most recent interview.....

/\/\/\/\GOSSIP/\/\/\/\

Nicki's come a long way....from a photo shoot in the Vibe Kitchen in '08 to front cover girl in 2010....


Here's a few more released excerpts from the Vibe interview.....

ON RECORDING WITH MARIAH CAREY....
"That was insane! I mean let alone I’m a huge fan and she’s a huge icon. No album out! Female. Rapper. Doesn’t happen. That does not happen. I don’t care how far back you look. I dare any hip-hop historian to tell me when that has ever happened. It doesn’t. And I still don’t know why it did."

ON GUYS....
"I am way too much for a man. I’m like a boy myself, so all my male friends they like me because I’m like them, and they cant say dumb shit they can say to another regular girl, because I don’t believe it. I don’t buy it. I talk that shit myself just like them. I talk money shit just like them, nothing they can say impresses me. Mainly I think I just call their bluff, and I kind of intimidate them. But I love them nevertheless! They do have something going for themselves."


ON DISS TRACKS....
"My diss record is my success rate, and how much I can charge to be somewhere for 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. The fact that I can pay your mortgage for a year in 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. That diss record makes everyone go ooooooh word nicki went in! That’s all I need."

ON GIRLS....
"If I say I only stop for pedestrian and a real, real bad lesbian—did that say and then I go home and have sex with that lesbian? I just embrace all people of all lifestyles and I don’t tell them they are bad people. And I say girls are beautiful and girls are sexy and they need to be told that, and if they don’t have anyone to tell them that and mean it, I’m gonna tell them that. But I feel like people always wanna define me and I don’t wanna be defined."

ON KEEPING HER BUSINESS RIGHT....
"Now, I’m just a business savvy person by nature and I weigh out all my decisions. The average person hears $50,000 and jumps. I hear $50,000 and, you know, I need an explanation with it. I need details, and I’ll probably be like that about $50 million. Most artists at my stage in the game don’t have a business manager. I have a business manager. I’m talking about and looking over my finances on a regular basis. I’m not doing this to be flashy I’m doing this to secure wealth. Not cash. They’re two different things. I’ve made calculated decisions and people don’t always understand my process but they always get it later...I’m wrong every now and then but I’m usually right when it comes to things like that."

See more Nicki quotes over at Vibe

No comments:

Post a Comment