Wednesday 21 July 2010

Diddy In August's GQ mag.... talks BIG and more

/\/\/\/\GOSSIP/\/\/\/\

Diddy features in August's edition of GQ where he talks about his dad, his mom and of course....Biggie.

Check out the pic....I love it!

On The Notorious B.I.G.’s last day alive:
“He was supposed to go to London but he was like, ‘Yo I’ve never asked for anything, can we just all hang out together tonight and celebrate the album? I’ll go to London the next day’” He was on me and I was like, ‘No no no no no.’ Then finally I gave in, so he was like, ‘Whatever we do, we going to go into this club, and you ain’t going to leave my side tonight. None of that running.’ I was known for just running around the club and he was known for posting up with his crew. He liked dark liquor and smoking weed, I like champagne and just hanging out, meeting girls. He was like, ‘You’re gonna hang out with me tonight.’ That’s why there aren’t really a lot of pictures of me and Big before that, hanging out at places, because I was always so spastic, just running around the club. That was really the only night we did that, per his request.”

On his mother being a big influence:
“My mother is why I am, who I am today. People can say what they want to say, but I just represent being sucker free, working hard and being positive. I don’t hate on nobody, I’m not a negative individual. I just wake up and I go for mine and I try to work the hardest I can work. I could have gone a lot of different routes, but I decided to go the route of hard work.”


On finding out his father was murdered and was one of Harlem’s leading drug dealers:
“I had looked up my father’s name, and I saw an article about my mother wearing a full length chinchilla to a funeral and taking me, and I was in a mink, and the story was of the glamour and the decadence of our family, and how he was the kingpin of Harlem, and how he had got assassinated. I understood why my mother didn’t tell me the truth because where I was living, I probably would have been one of the biggest drug dealers out there. The type of person I am, I would have wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps.”

Out now...get it for the full interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment