Tuesday 29 June 2010

Lauryn Hill talks......

/\/\/\/\GOSSIP/\/\/\/\

Lauryn Hill made a rare performance in the US recently at the Harmony Festival.
NPR staff were able to track her down after and do a RARE and I mean RARE interview for their '50 Greatest Voices' series.


The reporter even asked the one key question we have ALL wondered at some time:
"Why did you stop putting out music?"

She said:
“There were a number of different reasons, but partly, the support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal-growth things, that I had to go through in order to feel like it was worth it. In fact, as musicians and artists, it’s important we have an environment — and I guess when I say environment, I really mean the [music] industry, that really nurtures these gifts. Oftentimes, the machine can overlook the need to take care of the people who produce the sounds that have a lot to do with the health and well-being of society, or at least some aspect of society. And it’s important that people be given the time that they need to go through, to grow, so that the consciousness level of the general public is properly affected. Oftentimes, I think people are forced to make decisions prematurely. And then that sound radiates.”

Now, I went to see her concert in Birmingham a while back and she was a MESS. There have been rumours of a mental breakdown which she has never addressed, but from what I saw of her mumbling, ranting, forgetting words and not to mention her PHYSICAL appearance....I'd say it seemed fairly obvious to me.

I'd LOVE to see her comeback....'Miseducation' will forever be one of the all time greatest albums.

But I would HATE to see her 'come back' and do a Whitney......(If you haven't seen her gig from the NIA in Brum this year....watch and cringe):


Join me on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Rabbits-Rabbit

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment