Monday 7 June 2010

Bits, Bobs and Beef

/\/\/\/\/\/\FASHION/\/\/\/\/\

Kitsch cool....
So retro and soooooo hot for summer.... 'Hannah Makes Things' is an online boutique for gorgeous little bits of jewellery including statement necklaces, charm bracelets and random brooches....here's a couple of my faves: how cool is the record player necklace!


HIP HOP! Check out the online store Here and cop some pieces for summer!


/\/\/\/\/\/\MUSIC/\/\/\/\/\/\

Ok so i was listening as usual to Mistajam's show on 1xtra last week and to my delight, Rusko was the guest! The dubstep don was talking about his 'new sound', working with Britney (yes Spears!!!!) on an upcoming single, can't WAIT for that one, and his friendship / collaboration with M.I.A. The Sri-Lankan born, South London bred, musical genius.

The track is called 'XXXO'. It's totally not what we have come to expect from MIA, check it out here and see what you think (this is just a radio rip. No video leaks as yet)....and peep the gold knuckle duster ring, LUSH!




ZINC - NEXX
Sticking to the Dubstep theme this week, this next track is a straight BANGER! Due for release soon, it's from the Crackhouse Volume 2 EP which I can't seem to get hold of ANYWHERE.....someone help me?! Check this out, it's Heavy with a capital H mate.
Just like Annie Mac says on this radio rip.....get ready for the drop!!!



/\/\/\/\/\/\GOSSIP/\/\/\/\/\/\

In your face Kelis!!!

Another example of why having your partner tattooed onto your skin is NEVER a good idea! After 7 years together and a little nipper on the way, Nas & Kelis seemed like a pretty solid couple. Solid enough to tattoo your girl's naked body across your forearm yes? NO Nas NO!!!! So this is the original tatt in all its ahem, glory......

So the story goes...in April this year, Kelis shocked everyone by splitting from Nas while seven months pregs and filing for divorce! She cited 'irreconcilable differences' which could have something to do with the rumours Nas was too drunk to go to hospital for pregnancy stuff.....I'm not even going to detail the rumour about a sextape involving Kelis and what was deifinitely NOT Nas! oh the drama.

Weeelllll, Nas has now done the most obviously sensible thing he could do...........
turn Kelis's face into a Lionhead of course!!!! Voila:


Wonder what he's trying to say? :-)

Beef!!!!!!!

So I know I already posted this on my facebook ( facebook.com/jessica.rabbit.slater ) but it's just too juicy not to bring into my lovely blog too!!
Beef is a-brewing in the Hip Hop femcee world! So Lil Kim thinks Nicki Minaj is copying her style and should pay homage to the 'Queen Bee'....Nicki insists she loves Lil Kim but why should she kiss her ass?

It all started when Lil Kim, performing with Ray J in the States came out in a pink wig announcing "Y'all know who this is, I love starting trends" and laughing....she tore off the wig and threw it into the crowd closing her performance by saying “I’m going to another level. I love the wigs and everything but I’m so above them”. Nicki responded with the following tweet:



You can see where this is going....it followed with Lil Kim going live on air saying that Nicki Minaj should pay homage & respect blah blah blah.

The next evening, Young Money were performing Bedrock when the track had finished, Drake took to the Mic and dropped this bombshell...
To Nicki: "Can I say something? I know you be calling women b*tches n' sh*t but I can’t say you the baddest b*tch. I can’t do that because I respect you, I love you too much and you're too beautiful. So I just wanna say: you the baddest WOMAN to do this rap sh*t. I don’t give a f*ck what Lil’ Kim or nobody else is talkin about, you’re the baddest chick to ever do this sh*t! ” Nicki turned around laughing, then came back and hugged him. He told her “I love you.” Then he left the stage.

Wowzers....nothing like the hottest thing in rap right now backin' ya corner!


Watch the vid here:


Now, personally I'm thinking, Lil Kim....you had your time, you did your time and you mashed up your face. It's Nicki's time to shine....don't hate, appreciate!!! To be continued (Stay tuned I'll blog regularly on this).

As always, hope you like it....feedback / comments etc are welcome. Unless you're a haterrrr then you can sod off :-)



Ciao

Jess xx



No comments:

Post a Comment